Saturday, May 11, 2013

I'm Back


Where'd I go?

Too many accounting quizzes and now mid terms. Happy to report to everyone that I made an A on both and I am making an A in both classes.

At the end of July hopefully I will get my Associates Degree. I will still continue at Strayer to get my Bachelors Degree in Computer Science and then I will continue for my Master's in the same field. My problem is declaring my major.

It has been an amazing journey from June of 2009 until today. My daughters have made all the differences as has my two best friends Bobbo and Scott. It is just so wild to find yourself along the way. I never realized that I had to cut off two things to fly like an eagle. And now that I have tasted this, I can never go back.

I will put myself, my degree and certification on the market about September. I know I have to get my feet wet for about 6 months. Then I am getting the fuck out of West Virginia as  I did in 1998. But this time I have nothing to tie me down and this time it's going to be all about me and my two dogs. I am getting rid of furniture and personal belongings I don't want as I write this. It is a cathartic situation, as bad as that sounds!
But it feels good, feels right.

Anyhoo kiddies.......

Uncle Kevyn is going to a share a song by a group that is up and coming. It is a REAL group from Sweden and not that ABBA shit. They are called Peter Bjorn and John. My favorite song of theirs is titled "Second Chance". You may recognize the song from the opening of "Two Broke Girls", a funny as hell show on CBS (with uber-babes Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs). 

Second Chance on YouTube

And here are the words. I LOVE these lyrics. Succinct and to the fucking point. 


"When you flew out of the nest 
You made a mistake
Flew all the way back
When you got back to your den
One minute too late was already wrecked

I, I
It's a fraction of a whole but it's so hard to control
I, I get this straight

You can't can't count on a second chance
The second chance will never be found
You can't can't count on a second try
The second try will never come 'round

You stick to what you knew before
Don't know what you like 
Just made up your mind
The picture still hangs on the wall
From back in the day 
When you had it all

I, I
It's a fraction of a whole but it's so hard to control
I, I get this straight

You can't can't count on a second chance
The second chance will never be found
You can't can't count on a second try
The second try will never come 'round

I, I
It's a fraction of a whole but it's so hard to control
I, I get this straight

You can't can't count on a second chance
The second chance will never be found
You can't can't count on a second try
The second try will never come 'round"

In other words, get lost Patrick. I have washed my hands of you. After all these years, you and your egg donor FINALLY have something in common.


"Nihil desperandum, my son; parting is such sweet sorrow."
- Willy Wonka


Addendum to this post:
I would be remiss if I didn't offer my heartfelt congratulations to my friend Kassie Nolan for her graduation and receiving her Bachelor's Degree from West Virginia State. It is a long hard journey but she stayed the course and will reap the rewards from it. So good luck Kassie in whatever you endeavor in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment